This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introducing myself

Good morning

I have been a member of the IET for around 3 years now and have not really been involved but would like to, i am a time served electrician with several years practical experience, i now work on a technical helpline answering questions mainly on electrical installations and any relevant regulations BS 7671. Would like to network people and perhaps like to attend any technical seminars that are going on in the Cumbria and Lancashire areas.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Good morning Duncan and welcome. laugh

The current events/lecture session is pretty much coming to an end for the summer, however, any events are shown in the events tab, just click on this, you can also take a look at the past events that the Lancashire and Cumbria Network held. Also, a monthly  email newsletter is produced for events being held in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Manchester region, to ensure you receive this, select your preferences in MyIET.

Have a great day and if you require anything further, please get in touch.

Warm regards

Tania Pomroy
  • Hello, Tania.

Alongside the IET lectures in Cumbria, there are lectures held at Forum 28 under the Barrow & District Association of Engineers (BDAE) who have an extensive programme from many sponsoring bodies which are all free and open to non- members. Perhaps you could inform relevant IET members.

Regards, Bill