This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Pakistan Network

It is an IET Pakistan Network but infact it is IET Karachi Network.  Can anyone explain it please.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I agree its IET Karachi Network.

Dear Ahmed...

Sure, it IET Karachi network

====================================================
    Dr. Muhammad Ali Ismail

Associate Professor & Hon. Sec. IET Karachi Network

Department of Computer & Information Systems Engineering

NED University of Engineering and Technology.

+99261261-8 Ext 2287

• Dear Dr.Muhammad Ali

Can you change the name of this community from "IET Pakistan Network" to "IET Karachi Network" to remove any confusion / misconception please.

Thanks and regards

Nouman
  • I would inititiate the chnage once again and as activities are increasing, there is a need to mention networks separately.

Zafar Faridi MIET, CEng

Chairman IET Karachi Network 
    92 (0)307 2229245
    zfaridi@theiet.org
    http://mycommunity.theiet.org/communities/home/240
    https://www.facebook.com/IETKarachiNetwork
    www.theiet.org
    Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

Dear zafar

Can you send me cell no.

• Thank you for your reply.

As a first step, the "Community Administrator" of your community "IET Pakistan Network" may edit the name of the community by logging into his / her account (admin setting).

regards
  • Dear Dr.Muhammad Ali

Assalam o Alaikum

It is obvious that you are the Community Admin of the IET Pakistan Network.  May i tell you the steps, how to change the name of your community from IET Pakistan Network to IET Karachi Network please.

Start Procedure.

Step 01:  Log in to the IET Communities Website.

Step 02:  Go to IET Pakistan Network.

Step 03:  Click on the "Community Admin" button on the Community Menu at right side.

Step 04:  Under "Detail" Tab (already opened), type "IET Karachi Network" under the column of "Community Name".

Step 05:  Click the "Save" button beneath the currently opened page.

Step 06:  Click on the "My Home" button at the top of the page.

End Procedure.

Thank you and regards,
    Dear Nouman 

Thanks for the information. 

This compunity main page has links and informartion for Lahore and Islamabad Netwrok .as well

Regards  

• Dear Dr.Muhammad Ali

Assalam o Alaikum

I have discussed said matter in detail with Mr.Robert Allen Community Manager IET UK.  He will look into the matter further.

The point was that as you have admitted that IET Pakistan Network is actually IET Karachi Network.  Therefore, the links of IET Lahore and IET Islamabad at the main page of IET Pakistan depict and make the perception to general visitor that both both IET Lahore and IET Islamabad are under the umbrella of IET Pakistan (Karachi), hence, make confusion.

Besides of all this systematic point,  i hope that we shall cooperate and share our experiences mutually in the best interest of the professions of Science, Engineering and Technology in Pakistan by using the platform of the IET UK.

With kindest regards