This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Possible meeting venue.....

Hello Cambridge colleagues, I've just heard that Thirsty, the wine shop on Mitchums Corner has a large back room that they hire out at very reasonable rates. Seats about 45, so may not be big enough for an event, but could be perfect for a meeting or workshop.....

www.wearethirsty.co.uk/
  • A most unlikely spot for a meeting room! Good for the Cambridge city folk, not so good if you've to drive there & park.
  • Alex,

Thanks for the prompt.  Food van outside in the evening - good for a night out.  The primary problem is parking in the area.  Ok if walking or cycling.

David
  • I know the area from Russian social evenings, such as the White Nights parties at the Fort St George. They too were searching for a good venue this year.

• Alex,  In a previous employment I had two Russian members of staff that frequented the Fort St George.  The White Night Parties must be fairly frequent.

David
  • David, "CamRuss" have quite a lively social scene in Cambridge, makes it worth the drive from Cromer. I know quite a few technical folk in the colleges and at ARM.

• Alex Taylor:

Hello Cambridge colleagues, I've just heard that Thirsty, the wine shop on Mitchums Corner has a large back room that they hire out at very reasonable rates. Seats about 45, so may not be big enough for an event, but could be perfect for a meeting or workshop.....

www.wearethirsty.co.uk/

Engineers.... in a wine shop.... having a meeting.... what could possibly go wrong....???

• Nice idea but tempting fate unless you live within walking distance.

The drink drive limit

Level of alcohol

England, Wales and Northern Ireland

Scotland

Micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath

Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood

Milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine