This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Greenpower - Request for Volunteers Sunday 11th October, Rockingham Speedway

With a new term upon us, The IET are getting organised for some of the events  that will be taking place over the next few weeks. One of those is the Greenpower International Final, which this year is taking place at the Rockingham Speedway, near Corby, Northamptonshire on 11th October. 

If you would like to support the event, there are two ways to volunteer:  

1) As sponsors for the Greenpower programme, we, the IET, have a stand at the event, where we run a simple hands-on activity for the young people attending.  This year, we will be making mini torches and there will be a couple of other hands-on exhibits to look after.  I myself will be attending and I would really appreciate up to 4 other volunteers to assist me on the stand. We don’t have the full details as yet, but this would normally run from about 9am- 5pm.  Anyone interested should contact me Claire Molinario at cmolinario@theiet.org as soon as possible and by Monday 21st September.

2) Greenpower themselves need people to support the event more generally, by acting as pit lane marshalls, car park attendants, judges etc.  To volunteer directly with them, go to the green “Volunteer for this event” button on their Greenpower International Final web page. Their staff would then be in contact with more information.

Greenpower are expecting around 5000 spectators this year, so it is a large event and is usually fun to be part of.