This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

TEDx event - University of Leeds

Hi,

I am organising a TEDx event on the 20th of April at Univerisity of Leeds , where I graduated not even one year ago.

I was wondering whether the IETcould be one of the sponsor of the event by providing some goodie bags with pens/paper clips etc. inside/ or by providing a small financial support (200-300£) at the very maximum.

I am looking for around 180 goodie bags and I am sure this isn't a great effor for such an organisation like the IET. Does anyone know who I should talk to, in order to gather more information and to make this happenning?

I also beleive that it would be a great exposure for the IET in such a big university as Leeds.

http://tedxleedsuniversity.co.uk/ info at the link.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Giovanni
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Giovanni,

I'm Dan Piper, one of the committee members for ShockSoc at the University of Leeds. I was wondering if you'd like any help with uni of leeds interactions so that we can help you get this talk going. While we don't have the funding for things like goodie bags, we can offer on-campus support (helping to get venues etc.). Would you be interested in that?

Thanks,

Dan

ShockSoc 

Electronic & Electrical Engineering Society

Leeds University Union

Lifton Place

Leeds

LS2 9JZ

Facebook: facebook.com/ShockSocLeeds

Twitter: twitter.com/LUUShockSoc

Robot Fighting League website: www.luurfl.com

Robot Fighting League Facebook: facebook.com/RobotFightingLeague
  • Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for the message! Although you offer is very kind, I spoke with the event organiser and if you want to help and interact with the event you need to apply for a volunteer position on the website. On the other hand, should you have any offer/option for the goodie bags, you'll be made official sponsor of the event and therefore you'll be able to interact and partecipare actively. 

All the best,

Giovanni
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    What is TEDx please?
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for your message. Please do find below a brief description of what TEDx is that I found on the TEDx University of Leeds website.

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized (subject to certain rules and regulations).

Please do let me know if you are able to help us,

Best,

Giovanni