This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Help required - Measuring radio fields

I have had a request come through from someone who is having antennae installed near her house and wants to have the radio fields measured before the installation. 

Please let me know if you can help answer her query - any assistance would be gratefully received. 

Her email is below:

I would like to have the radio fields measured around my house in Theydon Bois, Essex (on the tube and within M25).  A large installation of antennae is being installed next door-but-one to my house and before it goes live I would like to know what the existing ‘measurements’ are.  The company concerned has offered to come and take measurements after the installation is live, but I will have nothing to compare that to and they won’t come in before to take measurements unfortunately.

Would you know of anyone who could do this kind of work?  I have no idea what would be required (apart from someone waving the relevant meter around in the air) and I could only give some indication on the frequencies being searched which have been provided to me by the company.  It is a mobile phone station that is being erected and they have provided me with the frequencies that they are licensed to use.

It would be useful if anyone conversant with these technologies might offer me some guidance as to what kind of things I should be measuring, what kind of equipment to use and so on.  I am interested to learn about the electromagnetic pollution and use the information to inform the health effects it may have on myself and my family and the steps I might take to mitigate these effects.

I do understand that these things are legislated for and in theory should not be harmful to health.  However, it seems to me that there is as much information out there disputing the safety of these things (allegedly leading to instances of cancer and many other debilitating illnesses) as there is saying it is not harmful.  I just wish to proactively organise a little more comfort for myself and my family.