This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Events Ideas

All, this discussion are is being set up as somewhere that all members of the Switzerland committee can post ideas for events.  This can then be reviewed buyt the committee members and added to the events plan.

Anyone can post ideas - but please do so as a reply to this post so that the information is picked up by the committee members.

If you do not want to post an idea, please feel free to PM (Private Message) one of the committee members.
  • Visit to Blonay Train line / museum (near Vevey/Montreux, Romandie):

The museum is only open during the summer!  So the plan would be to have this event towards the end of summer 2016.  The museum claims to be the oldest railway museum in Switzerland.

The proposal for the event may depend on how many people we get.as there are different optins.  The museum runs both electric and steam engines.  we could take the panoramic coast run, or hire an entire carriage (with refreshments) and then follow with a tour of the museum - this shoul dbe a family friendly event.

More detials from the site (mostly in French) can be found here:
    www.blonay-chamby.ch/index-en.php

• Thanks Vikki for setting up the event discussion, as well as the train idea :-)
  • Hey, I just discovered that we have a new "Horizontal Innovation" community...

Maybe we can get some interesting resources for our planned talk on Horizon Scanning...

Regards, Jeff
  • Hi All

I've reserved the Brienz Rothorn Railway for our Technical Visit & AGM  - Saturday 23rd July, 2016

Promises to be an interesting event.  Depending upon demand, we can possibly make this a 2 day event..

Please reserve the date. More details to follow

Jeff

(IET Switzerland Chair)

• Benjamn - some great ideas - we have a committee meeeting coming up so we can add these to the list of opitons.  Note we also sometimes open up events to the IET France Community when they are in the Romandie area - which can help boost interest and numbers.  I will be in touch to discuss the details.
  • Wow, Benjamin - this looks great.  For the others looking at this it is in Zurich on 8th October (http://www.cybathlon.ethz.ch/).  Tickets go on sale March 1st - Maybe we can set up a Doodle or something to see how many might be interested and see if we can get a bulk-buy on tickets?
  • Benjamin, drop me a PM on vquinn@iee.org.
  • Another possible idea, for later int he year.  there is an open day at the Rega base at Berne airport on 3rd September.