This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Design Procedures

We are re-writing our design procedure and process, with the aim of improving management reporting, meeting audit requirements and improving efficiency. Would anyone be willing to share  or discuss examples of Agile design procedure implementation? The intent is to have a general design procedure which works for both mechanical and electronics design teams.

Regards

Phil Davies

Senior Electronics Design Eng.
  • Hi Phil,

Did you get anywhere with this? Would be interested in your approach and how you bridged the Agile processes with design to cost and time scales aspects of project delivery. We have these kinds of challenges where I currently work as we are operating (attempting to) agile processes within a waterfall project plan.

Best wishes,

Robert
  • Hi Robert,

It's reassuring to see that others are encountering the same issues, as the detail of how to run the development (design) process in a controlled manner is often overlooked. We solved the problem in a relatively straightforward way and found that it's possible to capture essential data and metrics using two simple documents (which could be spreadsheets, or you could make a fancy intranet app). I'm away next week and would need to send you some documentation to explain the entire process (encompassing both project management and design management) in detail. If you send me a personal message with a phone number, I'll give you a call when I get back?

good luck and regards

Phil
  • Hi Phil,

Thank you it is very kind of you to offer up your experience with this, I have PM'ed you my details.

Cheers,

Robert