This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Work placements?

Dear All,

I am Kathryn Bain and I work for the IET supporting those who are working toward professional registration.

I have had a request from a student member who is trying to arrange a placement, please see below:

"I am a second year student studying Product Design Engineering at Northumbria University. I am looking for a part-time, paid placement in the Tyne and Wear/Northumberland area from Sept 2017-Summer 2018. I am looking for a placement with a focus towards design/development in engineering and I have experience using Solidworks, Inventor, 2D design and Ansys. I would love to enhance and apply my knowledge to current engineering projects.  I require an accessible location as I use a small mobility scooter due to mobility issues, however I can use a stick for short distances. I am eligible for Access to work which will cover my travel costs."

If you feel that you are able to provide a placement, or know of anything available locally then please contact me at: kbain@theiet.org so that I can put you in contact with this student directly.

Kind Regards,

Kathryn Bain