This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduction: Cameron Steel

With the update in Engineering Communities, the refurbished Savoy Place and the five Sectors also going through a refresh I thought I’d better introduce myself following Laurence’s kind prompting to do so.

I am an electrical engineer and run a small building services practice in West Sussex, mainly dealing with Healthcare premises with interests in other areas too.

I have been volunteering with the IET for many years. Apologies to the Sussex team though as my focus has been more technical than local having been involved with TPNs and Council in the past. I am also past chair of the IET Built Environment Sector. More recently I have also been working with IET Standards reviewing a series of publications. I am also the author of the recent IET Guide to Electrical Maintenance.
This last week I have visited Savoy Place for the first time since it reopened. On Friday we had an IET Standards meeting and used the booths which can easily be booked. When SP closed, I became a member of the Benefits in Use committee. Working with staff and volunteers we discussed how the building would be used and how the members would be able to book spaces within it for their volunteer and business activities. Putting my day job hat on too, I was able to visit three times to view some of the work in progress over the last couple of years.
Within Sussex most of us are in easy reach of the capital and many of us have business interests there too. The facilities in Savoy Place are really very good so, if you are passing, look in to see what the building can offer you. I am particularly looking forward to a summer event on the roof terrace – the views are as good as it gets in London.