This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Tony Hardwick

Hello London Community members.

I'm afraid I have some more sad news for you.

Tony Hardwick, a long standing volunteer and very familiar face in the IET London - Hammersmith Network sadly passed away on December 27th. 

I worked alongside Tony for many years during my time as the IET Staff Contact for the London Network Committee and can say that he was a very much respected and admired volunteer. 

Below is a photo I have in my collection from the time Davy Thielens, a past Chairman of the London Network, presented Tony with a Certificate of Appreciation for his volunteering work. 

I will pass condolences from us all on to his wife and family as I will be attending his funeral on Friday 25th January. 

a86ece3eb4bea8566b05dd08f918c0fe-huge-tony-hardwick-presentation.jpg

Rest in Peace Tony. x

• Dear Lisa

Very sad news indeed.  Tony seemed to attend every prestige event that I attended at SP and we would always have a friendly chat.  As you say, he has contributed a tremendous amount of time, energy and commitment to help others in the IET.

Please add my condolences to your message to his family and friends in the London Network.

Yours

Barry
  • Condolences. Tony was a nice gentleman. May his nice and gentle soul rest in peace.

Femi
  • I have only just seen this post and like the others who have commented, I am very sorry to hear that he has died. I always found him very helpful and I know he worked hard for the Hammersmith Local Network.

Regards,

Rob H.