This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Some sad news...

I've just heard that the very lovable Maurice Greenberg sadly passed away on November 5th. crying

Maurice was a volunteer for the IET and a member of the IET London Network committee for many years. He worked alongside the Schools Liaison team going into schools to encourage youngsters to take up Engineering as a career and was a familiar face at many events at Savoy Place.

I had the great pleasure of knowing Maurice and listening to his many fascinating stories about his time at the BBC. He helped me greatly with my past role as the Community Manager for the London Network with his vast personal contacts network in and around London.

I understand that, as in his usual inimitable style, Maurice has left his body to scientific research. smiley

de28bb4d736b5b525f20da9a48c6e221-huge-img_8824.jpg

Rest in peace Maurice. I will miss you x

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Accept my condolence on the passing away of Maurice Greenberg. May his soul rest in peace.
  • Sad news indeed Lisa and a huge loss for many of us that had the pleasure of knowing and working with Maurice on the London Network Committee.Thanks for sharing your photo.

He was ever present at our events and committee meetings, always coming up with ideas and putting himself forward to help and support as best as he could. Always with a smile and complimentary towardsall the other members of the committee.

I write this from Savoy Place on the night of our monthly lecture and can’t believe we are not going to see him here again. He will certainly be remembered fondly by us all.
  • Very sad news, as you say, Lisa.   I, too, will miss his ready smile, cheering me no matter what the circumstances are. 

Maurice set the example as a volunteer who just gets on with supporting members and the IET.

RIP Maurice
  • Very sad news, indeed. Thanks for letting us all know, Lisa.

We've lost a great ambassador for IET, and STEM in general.

I only attended a few STEM events with Maurice, and I learned something from him at each. He left a very big impression.

Our thoughts and prayers remain with his family.

RIP, Maurice.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Sorry hear about Maurice's passing. I would like to offer my condolences to his family and those who knew him well.
  • This is really sad. I always enjoyed talking with Maurice and found his enthusiasm and passion for engineering inspiring. My condolences to his dear family. May his loving and gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
  • Hi all

I thought you might like to read Maurice's Obituary published in IET Member News. 

Lisa
  • Thanks, @Lisa
  • Thanks for the link Lisa. Maurice will be surely missed.
  • Yes sad indeed and, as an ex colleague of mine, he will be especially missed for his contribution to our volunteer work over very many years, where he was such a cheerfull and helpfull colleague.

Many thanks to those who have taken the trouble of posting and publishing his obituary.

Rob H.