This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Get involved! Publishing opportunity

Hello!

I hope that you are all well. My name is Amber and I am a Commissioning Editor with the IET, working on 
Engineering and Technology (E&T) Reference

I would like to connect with industry-based engineers who are able to write about the work they are doing and the lessons they have learned. I often meet potential authors at events, however I'm based in Hertfordshire, so tend to meet people from the Beds & Herts group, or from London networks and events. The people I have met so far have all been wonderful, however, I wanted to reach out a bit further and say "Hello!" to some of the other Community Networks too.

I would love to connect with people in this group who are interested in sharing their knowledge and experience through writing or who can suggest a topic for an article that we may not yet have considered. 

We are interested in ALL aspects of engineering and technology and more about the benefits of writing (or reviewing) articles for E&T Reference can be found here. Please also take a look at the attached files.

Please connect/message me through the community page or email me at athomas@theiet.org if writing for E&T Reference is something you would like to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With good wishes,

Amber
Commissioning Editor: Engineering & Technology Reference
T:  +44 (0)1438 765536
E:  athomas@theiet.org
Michael Faraday House, Six Hills Way, Stevenage, SG1 2AY, United Kingdom

---   ---   ---

NB. IET has a number of publications and you can also join the Author Community (https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/534) or visit the IET Author Hub (http://www.theiet.org/resources/author-hub) for more information on writing for books and journals.
  • Hi Amber

Thank you for making the community members in Mersey & Western Cheshire Network aware of these opportunities.  I hope that some of our volunteers and community members will respond to your request.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Amber,

I'm a Senior Elec Eng for Volker Stevin.

We are a selected supplier to United Utilities.

My current projects are based in Morecambe, though I live in Liverpool.

Quite often, what we may take for granted could have the perception of innovation to others.

Of course, this notion breeds the idea we can copy and plagiarise and that's not so bad at all.

So, yes, I'm interested in communicating our reporting successes (Yes, there may be some failures - but it's how we deal with failures and turn them into successes)