This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Scotland South West are looking for new committee members

IET Scotland South West Local Network is run by volunteers. Engineers, just like you, who give just few hours of their time each month to further our profession and our institution and we need your help.

bf83856c8eee93769db7eca8b97c17f8-huge-volunteers.jpgThe Local Network volunteers:-

plan, organise and deliver our events programme that we run throughout the year, with guest speakers talking on hot engineering subjects;

they prepare and manage our budget;

keep our web site up to date and arrange publicity for events;

advise on professional registration;

liaise with our universities and student groups;

help build relationships with engineering businesses throughout the LN area

There is always more to do and just a few hours of your time would make a real difference.

Each session, the LN has run a series of interesting and consistently good programme of monthly talks with good speakers, and we have also organised other ad hoc events, sometimes jointly with other organisations. 

To keep the LN refreshed, we are looking for new volunteers for the main, Young Professional and Retired Member committee and a Network Secretary for the Main committee to continue and develop this work.  

I look forward to hearing from you if you would like to get involved.

0a12d9cdeca36b2e0e4ca41a34513839-huge-get-involved.jpg

Thanks

Lynsay Callaghan

IET Community Manager

lcallaghan@theiet.org
  • Hi Lynsay,

I am currently a lecturer in Engineering Management with the University of the West of Scotland.

I could help with a few of the tasks mentioned.

Could I have more information on locality and time commitments please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Evi
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Lindsay,

I would be happy to help out where i can. Could you give me location, dates and times? Is it possible to do it remotely. 

Best Regards,

Hamid
  • Hamid Qureshi‍ , Mohsin Masood‍ , Gokula Vijaykumar Annamalai Vasantha‍ thank you for your interested in the Scotland South West Local Network.  We will be having a meeting in Septmber (date to be confirmed) so once I have the details, I will let you know and please feel free to come along, meet the committee and find out more about the work happening and how you can get involved.

The committee meets around once a month in Glasgow, Teacher Building in St Enoch Square between Sept - Nov and then Jan - April.  They also hold events during the session, usually 6.  The committee can also put forward ideas for events/topics/speakers for the next session and these go into the business plan.

Thanks for your interest, and I will be in touch.

Lynsay 

• Lynsay,

Please keep me innformed also.  I would like to help where I can.  

Regards

Ed
  • Edward Graham McCann‍ I will give you the date of the next meeting - I should have this on Monday and see if you are able to make it.  If not, we can add everyone to the distribution list so that you can see what is happening and then decided if you want to get more involved.

• Edward Graham McCann‍ , Hamid Qureshi‍ , Mohsin Masood‍ , Gokula Vijaykumar Annamalai Vasantha‍ , Evi Viza‍, Francis McGovern‍ , the next meeting for the main Scotland South West Local Network is on 4th September with a 5.30pm for 6.00pm start.  The plan is if those interested could come along at around 5.30 to meet the committee and then you can sit through the meeting to find out what is happening.  This is the kick off meeting for the next session (1st October 2017 - 30th September 2018) so it is a good time to get involved and see if there is anything you wish to suggest or link in with.

Date:  4th September

Time:  5.30pm for 6.00pm start

Venue:  IET Glasgow: Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square, Glasgow

Many thanks

Lynsay 

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi, sorry to reply late, I will also like to attend the meeting.
  • We are still looking for members to get involved with the Retired Members group.  So far we have a Visit to the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow organised and a talk on Smart Meters organised.  If you wish to get involved, please let me know.  Meetings and activities are during the afternoon.