This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Software Engineers and The IET

Good day all,

I'm a Software Engineer, and have been professionally for about a decade.

I've been an on and off IET member since around the year 2000 and historically I've found that the IET hasn't been particularly relevant for Software Engineers such as myself. The IT offerings in the E&T magazine has been mostly focussed on Systems Engineering and Cyber Security with very little emphasis on the development of software systems themselves.

I'm told that in current years there has been more recognition and inclusion for the software development discipline within the IET and I'm keen to discover more about that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find relevant material or help me get in touch with other Software Engineer IET members?

Many thanks, 

Tim
  • Tim,

Not sure where you are based - I assume Northern Ireland since that's the community you have posted on. You could talk to some of the guys in Kainos - they are an IET corporate partner and Tom Gray their CTO is the outgoing chair of the IET Northern Ireland network.

Richard