This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Faraday Challenge schools.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Edinburgh Napier was to be a host for a Faraday challenge session in May. We have now been told the day is cancelled because of a possible lack of interest from schools.

What is the IET position on this? Should they not be promoting the event to schools all over the UK?

Olivier.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Good morning,

Information on the IET Micahel Faraday Challange can be found here: https://faraday-secondary.theiet.org/

Warm regards

Tania Pomroy

Hi,

Napier was going to be one of the host for the Faraday Challenge. The event got cancelled because of a lack of interest by the schools.

I was just wondering how is the IET promoting these events to schools since none seem interested?
  • Good morning, 

I am the Faraday manager and run the programme of Faraday Challenge Days around the UK. 

Edinburgh Napier University were offered an event but recently cancelled due to lack of interest among local schools. Whilst this is a real shame we do promote the events through a whole variety of different channels - including direct promotion with the schools - and if schools can't get cover to bring their students out or organise any transport to take them to the venue then sometimes events have to be cancelled. 

We are working hard to improve the number of events in Scotland for the next academic year and currently have 3 separate weeks mapped out for our challenge leaders to be available to run events. Our National Final in July 2019 will be held in Edinburgh so the more schools we can get interested in Scotland will certainly work in our favour!

If you are able to help us promote the Faraday Challenge Days in Scotland please drop me a note to faraday@theiet.org

Best wishes,

Holly.
  • Yes the Faraday Challenge Days are currently aimed at 12-13 year old students. 

Best wishes,

Holly.
    Hi,

I am happy to help with organising the challenge Days or even liaising with Napier University.

Olivier.
  • That would be really helpful thank you. The date has already been rescheduled for the current season but for next season any promotional help would be great. Please email your details to faraday@theiet.org 

Best wishes,

Holly.