This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Member looking for help to set up a presentation in Edinburgh in May.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I have been in contact with Gareth Wood Director of Cassana Technologies Corporation. he is looking for help to organise a presentation on Light Railway in Edinburgh in May.

Gareth was wondering if the local network could offer some advice. I offered to talk to Napier Uni if they could offer access to the facilities for the presentation. Anybody on the board of the local network available to offer some guidance?

Olivier.

• Oliver & Gareth,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your request to assist Gareth Wood Director of Cassana Technologies Corporation to help organise a presentation on Light Railway in Edinburgh in May.

​Our local network held a joint meeting last night at Apex Grasssmarket with
    IGEM.  During discussions we realised that, due to vacations etc., we had not responded to your request.

​If it is not too late, IET Scotland South East Local Network (SSELN) would be happy to assist in a presentation 
    on Light Railway in Edinburgh in May.

​Please let us know how we can assist.

Thank you,

Jack Dempsey

​Snr. Chairman SSELN
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Jack,

I have been trying to get through to the Transport Research Institute at Edinburgh Napier not had any answer.

We basically still need to find a place to hold the presentation.

Olivier.
  • Oliver,

​It would be easier if we start commumicating via email.  This way I can copy other members of our committee.

​Our logisticals are; 1) determine day of the week and location (if central, probably a hotel with associated costs; 2)  Meeting best on Tues/Wed/Thurs evening arrive 6:30 pm for 7:00 pm start); 3) estimate number of attendess;  4) arrange publicity around 4 weeks before event (IET website is good source);  5) we would need an abstract for the event and a biography for the speaker; and 6) does Gareth have a budget for the event?.

​My email address is dempsey.jack@gmail.com.

Kind regards

​Jack 
    Jack,

Thanks I will pass that on to Gareth. He will be able to tell you what he had in mind for his presentation.

Kind Regards,

Olivier.
    Hello,

I do not know exactly what went on but I have not received very good feedback. I know some things are happening in the IET Scotland world but that should not avoid us from helping our International Members who need help to show their technology and developments.

Olivier.

• Olivier,

Your request was discussed at our last committee meeting on May 15.

In principle, we can provide financial support to hold a meeting in a local hotel.  This requires some forward planning, approximately 1 - 2 months.

We are completing our 2017-2018 programme year and the 2018-2019 program begins in September.  Therefore, we should begin planning for a meeting from September onwards.

May I remind you that we need an abstract for the event and a biography for the speaker.

Thank you

Jack

Jack Dempsey <dempsey.jack@gmail.com>

28 Apr

to CarolRobertBrianBenjamin

Oliver,

It would be easier if we start communicating via email.  This way I can copy other members of our committee.

Our logistics are; 1) determine day of the week and location (if central, probably a hotel with associated costs; 2)  Meeting best on Tues/Wed/Thurs evening arrive 6:30 pm for 7:00 pm start); 3) estimate number of attendees;  4) arrange publicity around 4 weeks before event (IET website is good source);  5) we would need an abstract for the event and a biography for the speaker; and 6) does Gareth have a budget for the event?.

My email address is dempsey.jack@gmail.com.

Kind regards

Jack Dempsey <dempsey.jack@gmail.com>

28 Apr

to CarolRobertBrianBenjamin

Oliver,

It would be easier if we communicate via email.  This way I can copy other members of our committee.

Our logistics are; 1) determine day of the week and location (if central, probably a hotel with associated costs; 2)  Meeting best on Tues/Wed/Thurs evening arrive 6:30 pm for 7:00 pm start); 3) estimate number of attendees;  4) arrange publicity around 4 weeks before event (IET website is good source);  5) we would need an abstract for the event and a biography for the speaker; and 6) does Gareth have a budget for the event?.

My email address is dempsey.jack@gmail.com.

Kind regards
    Hello,

I believe Gareth has moved on and will now not be going through with the possibility of holding the event in Scotland through the IET.

Olivier.