This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introducing Karla Smith (that's me!)

Hi all,

I'm based in Christchurch, and have been involved volunteering with the IET for a while now (not as long as Frank though!).

I've just become the Chair of the Asia Pacific Communities Committee, which is the committee that looks after the local committees around the region (including those in Auckland, Wellington, and the South Island).

I'm also still involved in the South Island commitee, so if you're based in Christchurch, you'll probably see me at events.  Apart from volunteering, I work as a communications engineer, and am currently doing some lecturing at the University of Canterbury for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.  Keeps me busy! 

If you see me around, feel free to come up and say hi :)
  • Hi Subha,

We will be holding the Prestige Lecture at the start of November, so hopefully we will see you there :)

We're always interested in more volunteers, and there should be an AGM coming up before the end of the year where the committee is elected, so coming to that would be the perfect opportunity to get involved.

The best way to get notified of upcoming events etc is through email - hopefully you currently receive emails from the Christchurch/South Island local network?  If you've never got one notifying you of a local event, please have a look in your MyIET profile and make sure we're allowed to email you.

Karla
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Congratulations on being chair of the Asia Pacific Communities Committee, Karla. I have only just become aware of this website. Keep up your good work. Regards, Max Thomson (from some years back - like Frank)
  • Thanks Max :)