This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the IET Vision and Imaging Network discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions for you to answer so we can learn more about you!

Name:

Brief career history:

What interests you about vision and imaging:

Other interests:

• A little bit about myself. My name is Natalia and I am the current Community Manager for Vision and Imaging, covering for my colleague Phoebe Houssein for the next few months. My role is to support the community and to work with the volunteers on the Executive Committee in creating events and activities. I'm also the Community Manager for Antennas and Propagation, Electromagnetics, RF and Microwave and Internet of Things. I've been with the IET for nearly 3 years
  • Welcome to the Vision and Imaging newest member: Nick S

e64f000feaa4509fc28281a929c18e18-huge-welcome-image-25.png

• Welcome to the newest members of the V&I community:

Andy B
    Jim Croal
    Muhammad Mubashir Hussain
    Shankar G

70614d858f871e6498919ff222c37ea3-huge-welcome-image-18.jpg

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Hi,

I am Shankar Gangisetty, researcher and academician in School of Computer Science and Engineering, KLE Technological University, Hubballi (Formerly known as B. V. B. College of Engineering and Technology).

My research interest includes Computer Vision/Machine Vision, Machine Learning/Deep Learning and Data Science/Analysis. Currently I am working on 2 Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India funded projects (Crowdsourcing for Cultural Heritage Sites and Underwater Heritage sites 3D Reconstruction) and recently finished with 1 Industry collaborated project with INSZoom Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore.

I have completed my PhD on Representation and Analysis of 3D Point Cloud Data. My PhD work finds its application in 3D Reconstruction of Digital Cultural Heritage, more specifically on UNESCO World heritage site Humpi Temples, Karnataka, India. I am a recipient of the best doctoral symposium award at ICVGIP 2016 conference.

I have published my research work in ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage and Springer Journal of Machine Vision and Applications. Also I have published my research works in various conferences like BMVC, CVPR, SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH ASIA, ACCV, ICVGIP, NCVPRIPG, ICCACI, etc.

Prior to joining BVBCET for my PhD, I obtained my master's degree in CSE from NITK, Surathkal.

• Thanks for introducing yourself  Shankar G‍ and welcome!! Your work sounds very interesting!
  • Welcome to all the new members who've joined over the past month or so!

Eline More
    Moxie.Tech.Dev
    Roger Stafford
    Malcolm Davies
    iamsrindependent21
    IvanTheEngineer
    Vasileios Tzitzilonis
    Stephen Trimble
    Deniz Gaye Denizoglu
    Vivek G

72a9a1a85c0ed5885496f0b0948d5c0b-huge-welcome-image-4.jpg

• Welcome to the new people who joined in the last month!

K. Kamzelis
    AndyJones

930741d387bc267c3d02ee1987e6087c-huge-welcome-image-14.jpg

• Welcome to the newest members of the community!

David-Adams
    Michael Horne 
    Conelis Vermaat
    CKYew
    Wolf
    WKingett

30c43907e7e1cf5f557ade8425aad6f0-huge-welcome-image-16.jpg

• Hello everyone. I am Sergio Velastin. I am professor of Applied Computer Vision, a Fellow of the IET and have been active in this network for a number of years. My main interest is human activity monitoring with computer vision. I am always interested in research collaboration.