This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Gruffalo gets the augmented reality treatment...

Whilst bumping into a mythical creature with orange eyes and a poisonous wart on the end of its nose might not be everyone's idea of a relaxing stroll through the woods, the Forestry Commission and legions of Gruffalo fans beg to differ.

From 24th February, should you find yourself in one of the Forestry Commission's 26 forests across the UK you might want to keep an eye out for one of the best-loved fictional characters of the 21st century and his forest dwelling companions, mouse, fox, owl and snake, as the Forestry Commission has teamed up with Magic Light Pictures to produce the first Gruffalo augmented reality app.

For more information and to download the app and its various features click here

So grab those wellies and see the forest through new eyes.
  • What a great idea! :)
  • Such a fab idea, using the Pokemon Go concept to get kids out and about smiley
  • I'm so excited. I wasn't a Pokemon fan, but the Gruffalo?! I can't wait to get out and about to spot him in a real woodland setting. It looks really well thought out with an additional goodie bag available to purchase too!