Technical Network Update: Pedagogy In Engineering And Technology (PET)
Pedagogy Technical network is in development, please read further for the background, related webinars, and how to express interest in joining the committee.
Thanks to the invention of the transistor in the late 1940s, the field of electronic engineering has witnessed a rapid transformation. In addition to their technical skills, today's engineers are expected to demonstrate and apply a broad range of soft skills, which include teamwork and communication.
The PET TN aims to achieve the following four objectives:
- Raise awareness of recent developments in engineering education research.
- Connect engineering educators who are interested in improving their teaching practice.
- To build capacity in Engineering Pedagogy using innovative and active ways of teaching and learning.
- Promote the use of technology and other pedagogical instruments to improve engineering knowledge and competitiveness in the global job market.
It is anticipated that the PET TN will cover the following areas:
- The implementation of active learning techniques in engineering courses.
- The development of new and appropriate teaching and assessment strategies.
- Studies of the different supervisory practices to enhance student learning.
- The application of novel ICT tools to facilitate remote supervision of students.
- The integration and application of technologies to enhance student engagement and learning.
- The use of wearable technologies to improve communication and engagement between teachers and students.
- The use of visualisation and Technology Computer Aided Design (TCAD) tools to help students understand difficult engineering concepts.
- The role that technologies can play in developing, managing and delivering teaching material.
- The use of technologies to assist in assessing students and providing targeted feedback.
Chair: Dr Rami Ghannam, Lecturer, University of Glasgow.
Vice Chair: Dr Imran Shafique Ansari, Lecturer, University of Glasgow.
Interested to learn more? Join the Spring Seminar Series organised by Dr Rami Ghannam and Dr Imran Shafique Ansari coming up soon.
Webinar 1 – Thursday 25th Feb 2021
Title: Embedded disciplinary literacy in science and engineering: A universal design case for academic inclusion
Link to join
Webinar 2 – 8th April 2021
Title: Active on line learning
Link to join
Interested in joining a new Pedagogy technical network? Please get in touch via email or this post to express interest.
To get in touch with me or the communities team for the Pedagogy Technical Network at firstname.lastname@example.org./